Thursday, December 4, 2008

phlegmy nightmares

so it continues. after taking the train into manhattan for 45 minutes and waiting for nearly 3 hours--the nurse came and took my temperature, etc.etc. for about 4 minutes and then, i saw the doctor for 3 minutes--and that might have been stretching it.

i'm happy to say it ISN'T walking pneumonia. however. it is a nasty viral infection which he can't prescribe anything for. the doctor graciously told me that this sort of thing lasts approximately 2 weeks and there isn't really anything to do but to ride it out. DAMN IT. anything he would have told me to use--i can't use anyways because i'm allergic to most drugs. so yay. he said just try to be as comfortable as possible and keep taking whatever it is i'm taking that makes me feel better.

times i wish i was taking heroin and got caught. "but the doctor told me to take whatever makes me feel good officer!"

anyhow. 7 more days of this? that means i get to suffer with this while i'm in vermonttttttt. damn it. i hope at least the worst of the phlegm will be gone by then...my coworkers do not need to see me spitting phlegm into tissue paper.

am i being too graphic and gross?

3 comments:

GrayBabyOracle said...

Nah, too graphic and gross would be spitting phlegm directly into my eyeballs. That sucks that you have to endure.

Sysommay said...

ummm...i think grababyoracle means to say, it sucks for the people around you to have to endure.

Dropped At Birth said...

well. if i could spit it from one side of the country to the next? i would be greatly cheered that even if i'm sick--i have a crazy superpower. and incredible aim!

your good cheer warms my heart sister. i'm tempted to send you a gift wrapped in my personal snotrags. :)