Monday, December 22, 2008

warning: graphic content ahead

so i have been struck with some strange stomach virus. saturday evening i woke up every hour on the hour to diarrhea.

so on sunday, i ate only a bowl of oatmeal, an apple, and cranberry juice to minimize my bathroom visits. it seemed to help as i woke up only 3 times last night to run to the bathroom--though throughout sunday i certainly was making my nightly visits.

i have only had to go 3 times today--which is fortunate since i have been traveling to the hamptons.

so my hope is that it is only a 48 hour stomach virus. it just hit me out of the blue which is just mass strange. especially since i am still somewhat recovering from my phlegm-filled nightmare.

god. i am just a walking bit of gross.

joy and i have yet to plan our christmas dinner menu. because it feels like forever since i have eaten (though it really has only been 2 days) EVERYTHING sounds good to me. i see those damn whopper commercials and kfc commercials and i start salivating. i want lasagna. maybe we should do an italian style christmas dinner. or a really traditional lao meal. heck. i'll eat anything at this point!

i am THIS close to my last goal. and a part of me is like--YOU'RE ON VACATION--JUST LET IT GO. and another part of me is like--YOU'RE THIS CLOSE. i bet the latter part wins out. it usually does. i need to chill.

it is FREEZING HERE. i was using my laminated map of long island to try and scrape the 5 inches thick of ice on my windshield this morning. this old man was laughing at me when he saw, went inside his house and grabbed me one of those scraper/brush things. very nice of him!

i am thinking of so many things i need to do--and really--the best time to do it is NOW, while i'm on "vacation." i NEED some glasses--i broke my last pair cleaning them, and then, used duct tape for awhile--until i lost them completely (my bet is, i left them at a hotel). i need new contacts--because i have worn these ones for months and months and months--and they were supposed to only be monthly's to begin with.

yes. i think i shall do that these next few days.

No comments: