Sunday, May 10, 2009

star trek

was absolutely awesome. overall a great movie for what it was supposed to be/do. i loved it. i loved the shoutouts to all the catchphrases from the original series and i loved zachary quinto (sylar from heroes) as spock. chris pine was perfect as capt. james t. kirk as well. overall very well casted and jj abrams did a pretty good job.

my only complaint is--during some of the hand-to-hand combat scenes...well. they lacked any originality--really--anything at all. they stunk. what's the point in having a combat scene with no combat? they could have been and should have been much better choreographed. hell, it may as well have been 2 babies fighting over a toy--and the eventual winner won only because the other baby's mama came to take him home.

that's not good. but other than that--GREAT.

in the end--i'd still go and see it--again. there were a lot of times i was sitting up in my seat (and considering i was in one of those awful front seat rows, that's saying a lot).

next stop:

--terminator: salvation
--up
--transformers:revenge of the fallen
--harry potter and the half blood prince
--there was a preview that i liked as well but i can't remember what it was for besides that it's got jack black and michael cera in it
--and maybe gi joe. maybe. i'm a sucker for action flicks with cheesy humor to break up the violence even though i never liked the cartoon as a kid.

4 comments:

GrayBabyOracle said...

Year One? (re: Jack Black and Michael Cera) My sister liked Star Trek, too, but unfortunately I think I'm already resolved to dislike it. I'm still going to see it with some friends, though.

Dropped At Birth said...

yes year one!

and why are you resolved to dislike it?

GrayBabyOracle said...

JJ Abrams doesn't do a lot for me, Star Trek has never done a lot for me, and after the first real trailer came out for it, someone I talk to online said, "So it's the Muppet Babies version of Star Trek?" Ha ha. Still, my coworker's husband wants to go, so we'll all go. I'm sure it will be fun.

Dropped At Birth said...

boooooo. booooooo. :)