Wednesday, April 29, 2009

swine flu

i am blogging from the hamptons--and will be back home tomorrow evening. when i left a few days ago--the swine flu news was "new" and now it's become my mainstay from every channel i watch. i'm not scared of going home to good ole brooklyn. but people here don't even talk about it.

i ordered 60 n-95 respirator masks online and they should arrive mid-next week. i will probably hit the cvs here in southampton before i head home tomorrow as well. i don't care how dorky i look--i will be wearing one while riding the subways! besides, my roommate was coughing and hacking the night before i left--i might want to wear one around the house too!

i've always carried around hand sanitizer so that was nothing new, but i have stocked up as well. i use this one:


i also take the new chapter organics "every woman's one daily" and the new chapter organics "immunity take care." i think i've done pretty much all i can do to prevent--so now, whatever happens, happens!

although i really should get on that living will thing. perhaps i'm getting paranoid, but i'm coughing slightly and i have a slight headache. we'll see!

THANK GOD FOR AMERICAN IDOL AND ADAM LAMBERT! way to keep my spirits up. where others have failed you have come through.

2 comments:

Heather K said...

My mom thinks it is so very Jenny that you will be wearing a facemask.

I think it is hilarious that she found that funny. I am not wearing any masks, but I am washing my hands a psychotic amount.

Dropped At Birth said...

hilarious!!! i lovvvvvvvvvvve your mother. she kills me. it cracks me up that it cracks her up.