Sunday, November 9, 2008

accomplishments...(a post a long time coming)

so many accomplishments that have occurred that i have been lax in posting--but in my defense--it's just been an extremely busy time!

1. BARACK OBAMA IS PRESIDENT-ELECT. i know. very late in coming--but better late than never right?

2. BARACK OBAMA IS PRESIDENT-ELECT. there. now if i mention it twice it won't matter that i was late with this incredibly wonderful news.

3. i survived the boston veggie food fest intact. but very barely. people are CRAZY. they need a way larger venue. crowded bodies moving at glacial paces is NOT my thing. halloween was rad. i would have loved more time to do my makeup but--well--maybe it looked sufficiently scary. not to mention i had to improvise with whatever i had--because i refused (more like forgot and didn't have time) to purchase the needed items. on my way back from boston--while i was waiting in the train station in back bay--there were pigeons in the building. i thought it was rather crazy random.


introducing 3 tom's and a housemate: caribou barbie, leprechaun, ghost, and skunk.


4. i cleaned up the ENTIRE apartment this weekend. i swiffered and mopped the entire apartment, rearranged my room (my office is now in the livingroom instead of my bedroom), i did laundry, cleaned the bathroom--i even scrubbed the grout in the shower. that's how insane i got.

5. i finished figuring out all the major paperwork/math for the accounts that showed up for expo. that--was a huge process. and i'm glad that at 12am last night (or rather this morning) i finished the task.

6. i purchased my gps. i'm in love. i really think that i could follow it wherever it led me.

7. i signed up for an ez-pass account--which is a very long time coming! for those west coasters--there are tolls EVERYWHERE in the east coast. EVERYWHERE. an ez-pass is a tag that gets scanned at the tolls so that you don't have to have cash whenever you drive somewhere. i figured it was high time now that i have "dirty jersey." i just hope it comes before next week--that's when i first head out to jersey.

8. election night was INCREDIBLE. i'm glad i took the day after off--even though, creature of habit that i am--i still woke up at 8am and couldn't get back to sleep. although i do notice that if i drink the night before--i wake up early.

9. i think there are alot more accomplishments to be posted--but i can't remember all of them at this point. i just know that i have been very busy--and i feel like i have accomplished ALOT.

accomplishments to come:

1. i need to purchase an ac charger for my gps. i just have the car charger one that came with it. i didn't think about the whole "when it leaves the car" part.

2. a small tv stand/storage of some sort of furniture. since i removed my desk from my room and made the livingroom my office--i need something to put my tv on. plus then i can put some other things away that are still in boxes.

3. a nail driller machine gun thing. you know--it screws nails in things for you. that thing. i realized that trying to pound in nails into the walls with a wooden pestle just isn't working as well as it use to. you can take the ethnic lao out of laos--but you can't take the lao out of them? i bungled that. oh well.

4. purchase a winter coat from patagonia. i purchased a peacoat already--but winter in nyc gets much colder than that can handle--so at some point soon--i figure in the weeks to come--i better get with it.

that's it folks. BARACK OBAMA!!!!

8 comments:

GrayBabyOracle said...

Welcome barack. Congratulations on the grout insanity and everything else.

Dropped At Birth said...

thanks on behalf of barack and myself! how is everything?

GrayBabyOracle said...

Everything's fine. I think. I'm kind of really tired right now. I should wait until later to comment. Ha ha.

Dropped At Birth said...

ha. so when are you coming? and can you kidnap kieren and bring him with?

here's something funny. i'm typing this out--and listening to itunes--and regina comes on.

GrayBabyOracle said...

Must be that sign I was looking for that she likes me.

I was actually foolish and tied up my finances for the foreseeable future. I should make a definite plan for next year, though. Is that soon enough? You won't wilt, right?

Dropped At Birth said...

i won't wilt. but i might not put in that good word to regina for you like i thought i might if i ever passed by her on the streets of nyc...

GrayBabyOracle said...

Ouch! You don't pull your punches.

Dropped At Birth said...

:) punches...no. hair...yes.