Wednesday, November 26, 2008

my vaca thus far...

has been splendid!

i have been waking up late. sleeping late. going out and exploring different parts of the city and just having a very nice relaxing time. and yes, i am still doing work here and there, but it's been so nice to just laze around and do NOTHING.

as with all vacations--it does include spending more money than i am wont to do--but it's been done in the name of "vacation"--so, it's all good! at least i am not having to pay for lodging, right?

monday was shabu and the documentary.

tuesday was spanish tapas at a place called euzkida and bars. euzkida was very cozy and the food was pretty good actually. the service--left a little to be desired. when you got ahold of them--they were great--but they just weren't great about coming over. then again there was like 1 or 2 guys waiting. and they seemed more about trying to get you in and out than having you linger--which had a lot to do with the long line of people waiting. i made reservations ahead for us--so we were lucky.

wednesday (today) was shabu again as well as dropping joy off at jfk.

thursday is either me and the city and the famed macy's thanksgiving day parade or me at mae's place. i'm not sure what i am planning quite yet. i'm just not sure. i'll take it as it comes. the idea of spending it alone is, strange enough, a little more than intriguing and enticing. i'm not sure why since i am use to spending it with TONS of family.

friday i plan on shopping for a few things i need and using the tons of coupons and some gift cards that have come my way. then i shall relax the rest of the weekend before i head out to the hamptons for 3 days come monday.

i'm very content with my life right now. things are just swimming along.

on another note--i think i am going to take up the guitar. i am going to search for legitimate lessons. i'm very excited about this. it's about time i brought playing music--back into my life. it's been awhile. and i was rather good. why not?

4 comments:

GrayBabyOracle said...

I think I should have learned an instrument when I was younger. These days, I don't think I'd really get too far. I think I'd have more fun composing music than trying to wrestle with the playing. My coordination has gone way down. Oh, but I'm all for you playing guitar. :)

Sysommay said...

Darnit!!!! Graybabyoracle beat me to it :(

GrayBabyOracle said...

Oh, it's a contest? I need to step up my game.

Dropped At Birth said...

well. i was pretty good so i'm hoping it's more of the "remember" rather than the "learning anew" sort of learning. we'll see if i was as good as my ego remembers!