Thursday, November 20, 2008

awkward...

i am still in jersey. i thought i'd finish by today--but, good and kind soul that i am--i stayed on an extra day to go to one of newb's store with him friday morning. sometimes. i just don't know what to do with all my goodness. ha.

i want shabu shabu. joy.

more on my weeklong sojourn probably tomorrow. for now, suffice it to say--ehhh. it hasn't been so bad. just--really long and i can't wait to get home to my lovely bed that only i have ever slept in. wow. that sounds bad in some ways. but i was only thinking that in the context of hotel beds...you just can't count how many people havvve slept in them. but oh god. nevermind. i'll stop it at that. dinner with the newb was nice. relaxing. we get along--which is always good. but a night out with me is never without its mishaps. neil likes to call it the "saysomphorn syndrome."

what it really amounts to is me shrugging off major embarrassment.

the scene: we get back and he came up to my room to get some emergen-c (he isn't feeling well) and to watch some tv for a little bit and just hang. we get to my floor--and guess who forgot what room number she was in? yes. that sad person would be me.

so i am going up and down the hall inserting my card in various doors and none of them are working. we end up going back downstairs to the front desk and i get to ask the girl that checked me in, "hi! i sort of forgot which room i was in."

so yeah. that's me.

newb got a nice laugh out of it though he did try very hard not to. which of course makes it all the worse! i believe his words were "i've never met anyone who has forgotten their room number." the sad part is, he said the first part twice in one evening--in the space of 30 minutes apart. the first was "i've never met anyone who did that." lovely. but i feel like i've gotten pretty good at being blithe and cool in these situations. then again, considering the fact that these sorts of things happen to me often...i've had to learn how to deal. so it's not exactly an accomplishment. oh well. so what if i come out looking awkward?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope the Emmergen-C helps newb. I wouldn't want him to catch the "Saysomphorn Syndrome"....yikes lol :-)

GrayBabyOracle said...

Hey, this is MY comments section!

Dropped At Birth said...

haha. very funny. you do realize you have your family embedded in a crazy banner, right?

Sysommay said...

hey,watch it...that banner might be the background to the room tag i'm making you for Christmas. oh, and who is this graybabyoracle character waving at me claiming his steak...I mean stake.