Thursday, July 31, 2008

august...

i just want it to be over with already. it feels like february/march all over again when things were fiercely hectic and crazy busy.

so the things i must do because i refuse to take any days off of work for it:

1. move by myself (unless i break down and hire movers) from my current place (a 4th floor walkup) to my new place (a 3rd floor walkup).

2. i have a 3 day training to attend.

3. hamptons again.

4. end of one of our many goal cycles for work.

5. i might have a houseguest for a weekend.

6. and because it's the end of a major goal cycle--i will be working like a broken woman to try and get everything in and done (i'm very well aware that was a horrible, horrible thing to write).

--

i am hoping to take an extended weekend trip in september to california to see my 2nd oldest sister, her husband (Herman--yes--horrible name) and 4 of my nieces and nephews (2 of each).

i have decided that i can't possibly justify spending over $1,200 to go home for thanksgiving--when it would amount to only about 4 days. not quality and not worth it. better to pick another time and make an extended trip and spend that amount...although, if flights get cheap enough--i might break down and do it. otherwise--i am thinking of taking a nice little roadtrip heading up north--or down south for my holiday break. we'll see.

i am still planning on taking my 3 week europe trip this winter--so--the bulk of my play money has been saving towards that.

btw, if anyone wants to fly in and help me move? food's on me! :)

4 comments:

GrayBabyOracle said...

I'm not busy at all. You are, and your output shames mine. I kind of gave up on my blog and post to a message board a lot. I only post to my blog when I have a new story, which, as you've discovered, is almost never.

But yeah, if you're ever around here again, make time to come over for a movie like we talked about.

Dropped At Birth said...

definitely taking you up on that offer cause it sounds like you've got some intense theatre experience going. i'll bring the snacks! now you just need bootlegged dvd's--unless of course--you already have them.

btw. you're seriously welcome to come visit new york anytime! just let me know somewhat in advance, etc. it'd be a great getaway!

GrayBabyOracle said...

New York is actually the next vacation plan. My coworker and her friend want to go, too, but at this point it's still foggy. If the plans ever firm up, I'll give you the scoop.

Dropped At Birth said...

sounds good! please do. it'd be great to see you and hang out. and of course, if you need a place to crash--you're more than welcome to do so with me. i might spring for an air mattress for guests. MIGHT. :)