Monday, August 18, 2008

premature memory lapses

it seems i must be suffering from it. i have had far too many instances of forgetting my wallet--which of course holds my driver's license and money. it really messes up your day when you have to drive over 30 miles back to retrieve it...not to mention...

i didn't find this out until i was at the triboro bridge heading upstate. i was about to go through the tolls when...i realized, CRAP. i don't have $5!!! for that matter, i don't have my wallet or driver's license with me either! i have nothing.

so i drive on up and flag the closest worker to me. and i am very contrite and very sad when i tell him i have to turn around and go back home because i have forgotten my wallet and have no money on me. he asks me if i have any cash at all. i say, no i forgot my wallet. he asks if i at least have my license. i say no--i forgot my wallet. he asks me if this is my car and i said yes. he asks if i have the registration--and i managed to pull that out. so he let's me through and tells me i have to be back at least in 20 minutes and to go through the closest toll so that he can let me through.

i lucked out this time. the bastards at jfk airport are hardcore!

so i am on the deegan expressway trying to figure out how to get back on the brooklyn-queens expressway to the triboro bridge. it wasn't too bad thankfully, so i managed to get back and he sees me and i thank him profusely and head back home to retrieve my wallet.

i figured trying to get back upstate today was a lost cause--so i changed my plans midway through my day. i will have to tackle white plains some other day!

~~

i have unpacked as much as i possibly can. the rest of it--i have to wait for various pieces of furniture to arrive.

~~

i am getting very excited for my short trip to la. i am in need of it very badly.

No comments: