Wednesday, September 10, 2008

deliberately vague...

cause. you would think on a blog you shouldn't have to be, right? but what if the person/people you're talking about is/are reading? then you have to be right?

i have a lot of decisions to make. none of them all too pleasant. and yet. they must be made--and made soon. some of them seem like they should be pleasant. but to every upside--there's a downside. and that, is what sucks. polarity i hate you!

~~~

my team leader came to visit me for a "field day." i was slightly dreading it because--well, it's rather obvious why. she's great--but who wants their team leader around with them critiquing them, right? and yet, i do accept that this is all a part of it and everything. don't get me wrong. it doesn't mean you jump for joy--that's all i'm saying.

anyhow, it went really well.

1. i am apparently the top producer/performer in the team--having made 100% of my goals. so yay! it's always great when you do well, your team leader notices, and she also tells herrrr boss. so yay! and, i'm the newest member of the team!

2. i could possibly be given more responsibility--she broached it and we will revisit it in the next few days. so yay! well. yay because they trust me enough and yay because i deserve it--but not so yay since well--it's more work. although, i do happen to love working...so...well. ehhh.

3. it's always a pleasant surprise when your personal life and your work life meet in some weird way. well, surprising to me since i like to keep my life "boxed" up. anyhow, i received an email from my brother-in-law asking "is this true." it was referring to the ingredient SLS aka sodium lauryl sulfate. it gave me a nice chuckle. so i answered it from a professional standpoint as well as from a personal standpoint and included my company's fact sheet on the ingredient. i'm thorough, right?

4. i have also been given more leeway which is GREAT because i am always looking for ways to be more efficient--and those that know me know that i am always striving for efficiency--except in my writing. which, contrary to being efficient, is often verbose. i do think that my attempt at being efficient in my writing comes out in the style with which i write--incomplete sentences that bow down to how i would actually speak, instead of being necessarily grammatically correct. and there is that stream of consciousness peeking its way out.

5. when one part of your life goes well--another part inevitably goes to hell. blech.

2 comments:

GrayBabyOracle said...

Lauryl Sulfate is a good character name. She could live halfway between Wellesley and Hellespont.

Congratulations on the 100%.

Dropped At Birth said...

hey, thanks!

that's funny. it does sound rather lyrical.